Friday, October 4, 2013

I have a baker on my hands

I have been meaning to bake for awhile.  I keep telling myself I shouldn’t bake because then the goodies will be around the house and I will eat them all.  So instead I keep eating a bunch of other crackers and cookies that are store bought, and still not good for me.

So the other night I broke down….the can of pumpkin was calling to me.  I asked Oliver if he wanted to help me make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  He very quickly, and I mean very quickly, stopped what he was doing and scooted the kitchen chair over to the island so he could help me.  I hadn’t even gotten any ingredients out yet, so he was very impatiently waiting until I could give him a task that he could help with.

I usually measure out the ingredients and let him dump them into the bowl.  I even let him break open the egg into the bowl (one of his favorite tasks).

IMG_2404

He was also very excited to stir the cookies.  I had to tell him to be gentle so he didn’t cause everything to spill out of the bowl, about every other minute.  It helped when I had a hold of the spoon.

IMG_2401IMG_2402

Then we came to the end where we added the chocolate chips.  I lost my helper at that point.

IMG_2406

He was only interested in eating the chocolate chips.

IMG_2407

With as much as he loves helping me bake, I think this is something we will be doing quite often.  Well until he gets too old to hang out with his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment