Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Chair

I have been moving this chair around for as long as I can remember. I believe I used to do homework on it back in grade school. It went to college with me, and then followed me to Kansas City. Jesse has always wondered why I kept it. Mainly because it has always looked like this, no chair padding, and the worn out stain. I just happened to like the lines of the chair and one day wanted to fix it up.
Well the time has come. I finally went and picked up upholstery fabric and created a seat. I also stripped down the varnish so I can re-stain the chair. I am going to keep it the same color family it was in. Problem being, I want to stain it when I can open the windows or have the chair outside, so that part will have to wait for it to warm up.
But for now, the chair resides in our bedroom to collect clothes. I don't know if anyone else out there is like me, but I'm not the type of person that washes everything if it has only been worn once (jeans, sweatshirts, jackets, etc). Yet I don't like to put it back in the drawers with all the clean clothes. So usually I need a chair, or bench to collect the worn, but not dirty clothes. It's my little quirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment