Thursday, March 4, 2010

The kitchen - part 1

I call this part 1, only because I'm not fully in love with it yet. There is still too much of the same wood tone going on in the kitchen. So you will have to stay tuned to see what I come up with. Not to mention I am still lacking some dressing up of the soffit and window over the sink. And don't ask why I forgot to take down the four towels hanging from the oven. No normal person needs four towels, except apparently me.The kitchen before.
After.
Before.
After.
Because of my lack of counter space, I brought in the black buffet from the dining room. I hope to pick up a buffet at some point that I can paint white and keep in this spot, so the black one can return to it's rightful place. But it works for now, as long as you don't stare at the back too much, as it's just the cheap old paper board that gets nailed to the back. Also notice the white fridge standing out like a sore thumb.
Old light fixture.
New light fixture. And what you can't see, is that there is now a nice spot on the ceiling that wasn't painted. So I will have to figure out how to match the white color and get it painted. Maybe I will luck out and find the old color in the basement.
So for our minor kitchen makeover we spent:

paint - free (leftover from the master bedroom)
pendant light fixture = $20 from Lowes
curtains - $50 from overstock.com
curtain rod - $20 from Joanns
Ceiling Fan - $100 from Home Depot

Grand Total = $190

No comments:

Post a Comment