Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Journey of our walk

It was a beautiful morning out, so we went for our daily walk before it got too hot out. Here are the dogs and Bella all ready to go and wondering why they have to wait to get their picture taken.And we're off. The dogs would pull Bella about 100 feet in front of me, if I would let them. Most times I am just holding on to the stroller to keep them back.
First we wander through our neighborhood.
Sometimes Elle gets in trouble for pulling too hard, and has to walk herself. It's amazing how she stays so nice and close when not connected to the stroller and having to pull along her clunky leash. And yes I play mind games with my dogs.
Then we come to the new neighborhood. They are still building houses, and you notice the general lack of trees. I am partial to the craftsman style houses, and they have a few that I like. My favorite house had a crew of about 10 men planting mature trees, so I decided not to take a picture of them.
Then we wind ourselves into the more established neighborhood, where the trees start again.
This is Jesse's favorite house.
There seem to be quite a few Victorian's in this neighborhood.
This is probably my favorite, but I can't really tell you why.
Then we cross the street, which can be a little dangerous, because it's right after the crest of a hill, and you can't see the cars coming, until they are basically on you.
And we hook up with the start of the bike/hike trail.
Which goes around a pond. The pond is stocked with fish, and generally you see people fishing. I have also let the dogs wade in the water, but I can't tell if it's really allowed or not?
After the pond you come to the main part of the trail which goes on for miles. This is where we ride our bikes, but usually where we turn around during our walks.
And back home we go. It's a good 4 mile walk, and if we're lucky Bella will catch a nap.
I'm so excited to report that our house will be receiving a face lift shortly (well in the next couple of months). I'm sure our neighbors will be happy too! We'll report the progress on our renovation blog.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cute, Kristen, making the doggies pull Bella's stroller! I'm curious though.....do they walk in a straight line? Ha! That's quite the walk...4 miles! Bet you're all ready for a nap after that! :)

    ReplyDelete