Thursday, April 11, 2013

Poop....and other random thoughts

  So Oliver might be cracking us up lately with the use of this word.  He likes to add the words "potty" and "Ewww" along with it as well.  The other day on the way home from the grocery store (Hen House so he can get his free cookie at the bakery), I asked him if he pooped cause it kind of smelled in the car.  He then looked at me and said "poop", pulled back his shorts, attempted to "look in", and said "Ewww".  Cracked me up... and we got home and checked and he hadn't done any business at all.  So he might be crying wolf a lot lately with his "poop" statements, but it's rather humorous for the time being.

  My name is Jesse and I have an addiction to sweets.  Fricken sweets ruin my diets.  We've got a couple weeks to our long anticipated vacation, I need to be slimming down to my beach bod status (if any of you saw the yard pictures from this past weekend, you know what I'm referring to), and all I want to do is eat sweets after dinner.  It also doesn't help when people bring in desserts all the time to work.  Everyday I tell myself that this is the day I will make it through without eating anything bad... everyday I fail and remind myself that tomorrow will be the day.  Cant blame a guy for trying.
  I was reminded that it was Easter of last year when I ate 4 Reese's peanut butter eggs (the big ones) in 15 minutes and was in pain that evening.  I get severe back pains which make it hard to breathe, and that night they were extremely bad and I considered going to the ER.  Since that episode and many doctor appts, I have attributed this to overeating and/or eating particular foods.  Kristen finally suggested after my peanut butter egg episode that I might have gall bladder issues.  So a couple months later after numerous tests and lab work, I was diagnosed with a malfunctioning gall bladder that becomes inflamed when I eat fatty foods.  So what's a guy to do... not go to an all you can eat buffet and binge or have the organ removed??? hmmm... and it's sad to think I was actually considering the latter for some time.  I went in and saw a general surgeon and he informed me that since there was no risk for infection, it was totally my call and that the only benefit I could potentially receive from having it removed would be that I wouldn't experience the side affects I currently do from over eating.  So I opted to keep my gall bladder and try to part with my addiction to over eating.  Its been a struggle and I have paid the consequences with severe pains when I overeat, but its a friendly reminder to keep my diet in check.  Another thing that I have found  interesting is that if I am experiencing those weird back pains, that going for a run helps... must be something to do with the breathing (panting)... but its good to know that there is a quick fix if I do have a bad day.

  So that was more than people care to know about my internal organs... what else?  Kristen does update the ticker on our nights of sleep... pretty depressing but its just a part of life anymore.  Its something that I expect to get up during the night, and if we do experience a night without interruption... we are usually asking each other in the morning if we got up during the night, and we cant remember what night was what... but I'd definitely say of the 100 days so far this year, we are closer to 0 than we are to 50.... and life goes on.

  I've really been in a concert mood lately and when I heard Mumford and Sons was coming to KC, I was thinking we should get tickets even though it was on a Monday night.  They supposedly sold out the morning they went on sale... so I guess we can purchase them off stubhub if we really want to go.  I would say that my top three concerts ever (the ones I can remember, so that removes a bunch)... would be OAR, Counting Crows, and Coldplay... I have a feeling Mumford might top them all.  Anymore I just want to go and chillax with a couple brewskies and enjoy the music.  Might have to hit a couple concerts this summer.
 

  It's springtime and you know what that means... the ants come marching into the kitchen... they must have nested in the walls of this house for years.  Pest control will be coming out next week.

  Ohh yeah, I think I still have a tile project I need to finish.  The plan is to complete the placement of the tiles and grouting this weekend.  We will see how much actually gets done.

Till next time...




1 comment:

  1. See M&S. I've been to at least 40 concerts, and they are in the top 5.

    ReplyDelete