Monday, October 7, 2013

Bella Bella Bella

I got yelled at the other day.  Well I didn’t really get yelled out, but I felt like a little kid getting a lecture.  I wasn’t making Bella wear her orthotics as often as I should.  She is supposed to wear them every day all day long.  Yeah, I wasn’t even coming close.  Now with her back brace, she should also be wearing that every minute that she is awake.  Again I fail.  It just looks so uncomfortable.

I do realize that having messed up muscles/bones, is way worse than wearing the braces.  But I’m not sure Bella understands that.

On most morning I do make her wear her brace to school.  Except when she looks sick and decides to have coughing attacks while wearing it.  Then I go ahead and let her off the hook. 

And every day for school I send her in her shoe orthotics. 

Since she should be wearing them everyday, this year Bella and I went shopping with the orthotics on and finally found some shoes she can wear over them.

I’m excited the weather is getting colder and we can break out the new boots.  You can’t even see she is wearing the orthotics under her boots.

IMG_2415

Do you notice how it looks like her head is slumped into her shoulders?  That’s because she has the back brace on, which does a great job of holding her upper body upright, but then her little neck just disappears because she refuses to use it.  So Bella pretty much looks like she is wearing football pads under her clothes.

IMG_2416

I think she would grow 3 inches or so if she would just use her neck.

She does her best to not look at me while I am trying to take pictures.

IMG_2410

She is actually wearing the white tunic I made for her a couple of weeks ago.  As you can see, I ended up pairing it with some leopard skinny jeans.  Love the skinny jeans on the little girl with no legs…only skin and bone on this kid. 

IMG_2412

1 comment:

  1. That outfit is too cute! I'm so happy it's boot season too. :)

    ReplyDelete