Thursday, October 17, 2013

Field Trip–Pumpkin Patch

I joined Bella’s class for a filed trip last week.  We headed to a local pumpkin patch.  At the pumpkin patch there really isn’t much that Bella can do.  I did carry her on the wagon ride so she could experience that, and then had to carry her around for about 20 minutes while all the kids picked out pumpkins.  One of Bella’s kindergarten friends picked a pumpkin for her.  And I even got a couple offers from teachers, parents, who would carry Bella for me if she was getting to heavy.

After our ride back on the wagon, Bella got back into her wheelchair.  I wanted to take her to the giant bouncing pumpkin, as I thought that was the activity she could do and would enjoy the most.  As Bella and I wondered over to the bouncing pumpkin, many little kids would pop out of whatever activity they were doing to say “Hi Bella”.  If a parent was around they would usually say “Oh, this is the Bella we have been hearing so much about”.  One mother even said they had prayed for Bella one week when Bella was out sick for a couple of days.  These were kids/parents that are not even in Bella’s actual Kindergarten class they were in the morning class, or full day class.  Bella is pretty well known around the school.  And I can’t say enough how grateful we are to be in this great community.

Bella and all her girl classmates at the Pumpkin patch.

IMG_0421

Bella’s afternoon Kindergarten class and teacher at the Pumpkin patch.

IMG_0422

I think Bella had a good time and it was a gorgeous day.  She did in fact enjoy bouncing on the giant pumpkin, lots of smiles!  The next day my arms were super sore and I couldn’t figure out why, until I remembered I carried her around for 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment