Saturday, June 7, 2014

Jesse’s Birthday

Jesse’s birthday happened to be this Saturday.  Oliver and I made a Jello Cake, which is his favorite.  Oliver did a really good job helping me make it.  While we were waiting for the cake to cool, we decided to run to the shoe store, so Jesse could pick out his birthday present.

Right next to the shoe store was a toy store.  I told Oliver if he was good we would run into the store before we left.  He was pretty busy running around the shoe store and Bella was fussing up a storm.  So we left Jesse in peace to pick out his shoes and we headed into the toy store.

This particular toy store was pretty much made just for boys.  It was all model cars, planes, construction equipment, farm equipment, etc.  The prices were pretty high, but they did have a few smaller items.  Oliver found a bus.  He absolutely wanted the bus.

IMG_0567

Just a few days prior Oliver and I had run errands and while in Target I told him he could play with the toys for a little bit, but we would not be buying anything.  When it was time to go, he threw a little bit of a fit, but I told him his birthday was coming up and he could ask for his favorite items and hopefully get them.

This time around, he threw a major fit.  He tried to sneak out of the store with the bus a couple of times.  I finally had to grab him and put the bus back in the bin.  Oliver was crying and kicking with arms flailing everywhere.  One handedly I held him as I pushed Bella in her stroller back out to the car.  I told Oliver that if he was going to act this way, we were going to sit in the car.  Again I reminded him,  his birthday was coming up soon and maybe he would get the bus for his birthday.  He proceeded to cry in the car.  When Jesse made it back out to the vehicle he was still sobbing over his bus.

As we drove home (still sobbing) out of the blue he sadly said “Daddy I don’t like your birthday”.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Don't you hate when you are trying to be mad and they are so cute? Love it :)

    ReplyDelete