Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are you excited?

This is the question we get asked often about the arrival of baby #2.  And usually I reply with "I have too much left to do before the baby arrives to be excited yet."

Of course if the baby where to arrive today, we would just need to load the car seat, pick up some newborn diapers and a new monitor and we would survive.  Granted it's still too early for baby #2 to arrive, so really hoping that doesn't happen.  But I do have a long list of things I would like to get accomplished before that happens.

1.  I need to paint 5 doors white, which of course means many coats on both sides.

2.  I have a changing table I bought of Craigslist that needs to be fixed and re-stained to match the crib and dresser already in the nursery.

3 and 4. I have an old lamp I would like to spray paint and new fabric to spruce up the shade.  We also have a brass ceiling fan in the nursery I would like to spray paint and reuse.

5.  I got new fabric to recover Bella's old bumper.  

6 and 7.  I also have fabric for the curtains and a new crib skirt.

8 and 9.  And fabric for a baby carrier/sling and a new diaper bag/purse.

And of course the whole time I still have this one to take care of.

This is a picture taken after bath time.  Bella loves to curl up in her towel and hide from us, she thinks it's funny.  A couple weeks ago at school they were learning about butterflies and the kids got to take turns being wrapped up in a blanket like a caterpillar in a cocoon and then emerging as a butterfly.  I'm thinking Bella probably enjoyed that lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment