Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy Week

It's been a big week over in our neck of the woods.  Bella had her birthday, which meant she is officially part of the school district and we had our first IEP meeting.  For all of you that don't know what that stands for it's an Individual Education Plan, and is especially designed for children with special needs.  It's a program that the school uses that sets out the goals that you hope to accomplish through the teaching and therapy she will receive at school.  You usually meet yearly to see how things are going and what new goals and changes need to be done.  Being that this was our very first meeting we didn't really know what to expect, and I imagine we will learn a lot more as the years go on.
After our first official school meeting on Friday we rushed around to get our house ready for our first Nebraska party on Saturday.


Go Huskers!!

Then on Sunday we had Bella's birthday party.


Then on Monday I started my new job.  That's right, I started back to work at an engineering company.  I am working part time, but it's actually going to be 4 almost full days from Monday to Thursday, and then I will have off on Friday's to spend with Bella as she doesn't have school.
Jesse won tickets to Monday night football, so after my first day of work, we headed off to the Chief's stadium.  Let's just say it was a slow crawl as it took us 1.5 hours to go less than 5 miles.


We had great seats on the 14th row.  Did I mention the game was at 9:15pm, and it rained almost the whole time?

Then on Tuesday Bella had another round of horse therapy.


We looked a lot like last week.


Except we got to ride in our favorite position for a little bit, which was upside down.  If only that actually helped us sit....we would have it made.

I think it's time to go to bed, we need to catch up on some much needed sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new jobby job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job. I haven't had time to call you because I changed my phone and my numbers did not transfer. But I started at B&V as a contract employee 3 weeks ago. Being contract I don't know how long it will last, but it is very different from working at DLR for sure.

    ReplyDelete