Sunday, September 26, 2010

I'm sick.....or sick and tired

We had a little bit of a scare on Saturday morning.  Bella woke up around 5am and I went in to check on her.  She seemed to be doing her, I'm up and happy, but it's way too early to actually get up.  So I left her to talk to herself as I went to get a little more sleep.  At 6am I told Jesse that maybe he should get Bella and put her to bed with me, so that she could possibly fall back asleep.
Jesse went into her bedroom and Bella was lying in bed staring wide eyed at the ceiling struggling to breathe.  He grabbed her and brought her into our bedroom.  Once in our bed she was still struggling to breathe and her arms were shaking, she was not making eye contact with either one of us.
I began to wonder if she was having a seizure and told Jesse to grab the video camera and film her.  I was holding and rocking her and trying to get her to come around.  We then took her downstairs, where I was holding her in my lap.  We were trying to figure out what was going on, and in the back of our heads were even contemplating that we might be running to the hospital.
I thought about how when I have a fever and am sick, I tend to get the shakes.  And usually it means I feel freezing cold.  So I told Jesse to grab and blanket and wrap her up while still in my arms.  Moments later her breathing went back to normal and the shakes stopped, and she immediately went to sleep.
We still are not sure what happened that morning, but since then we have been dealing with a child who keeps coughing and is very irritable.  We aren't sure if she is fighting a cold or just teething again, as a big one is on the move through the gums.  Regardless it's been a couple nights of bad sleep in this household, so let's hope whichever it is, it gets better soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Bella is ok and hope she's feeling better. You are one smart mama to figure out that she's probably freezing.

    ReplyDelete