Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend ramblings

Our Friday was filled with doctors appointments, yet again.  We had an eye screening scheduled (the appointment had to be made 4 months in advanced) and I was thrilled when Bella had a really bad nights' sleep and we had to head out and about.  I was assuming it was going to be the worst day ever with Miss Crabby Pants.  But I was amazed at how well she behaved all day long.
I also lucked out, big time.  You see the eye appointment was for 10:45am, and I assumed we would be out of there around 11:30am.  I didn't realize that when they reminded me that Bella's eyes would have to be dilated, that it meant waiting around 30 minutes to be seen, and then getting eye drops which take 45 minutes to work, and then waiting around another 30 minutes for the actual eye tests to happen.
 That means we didn't leave the office until 1pm, and somehow Bella was not fussing for lunch.  I on the other hand would have been, if say I wasn't an adult and supposed to know better.  I was starving.
The results of the eye screening were that Bella's eyes are fine and she seems to have normal vision.
We then made it home, quickly both ate lunch, and then had to head back out to the Ears/Nose/Throat doctor to check out her ears which we thought were infected again.  But they actually looked good to the doctors and instead we had no other explanation for her fussiness the night before except the usual teething.  This second appointment which took the doctors a total of 15 minutes to look into her ears, took us 1.5 hours of waiting around in the office.  Does anyone else have this happen to them?  It usually isn't so bad if you only have a couple of appointments a year, but when you are in to see a doctor on an almost weekly basis, it's a huge time drain and one of the things I dread the most.
Okay onto a different subject.  With some of my Christmas money I bought a new game for the Nintendo Wii.  Jesse gave me the Wii Fit for my birthday 2 years ago, and while I like it, it just doesn't seem to have the greatest cardio workouts.  So I read some reviews and got this game:
I highly recommend it for 2 reasons.  One it's actually a really good workout and you can customize it to different time lengths and intensities.  It has dance and boxing, both really do work up a sweat.  The second reason to buy it, is for enjoyment of anyone watching you try to accomplish this workout.  I'm guessing you get better as you get used to the game, but for most of the moves you are fumbling around trying to figure out exactly what they are doing.  Or maybe it's just me, I have never been completely coordinated, but I am definitely liking this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment