Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's a blinding mistake

So we started painting the nursery this weekend.  I am going with my yellow and gray color scheme and had picked out a nice pretty, but yet bold yellow color (no pale yellow for me).  We got one coat up on the walls and it pretty much reminded us of this:

Not quite the look I was going for.  Jesse even joked that Bella couldn't go in nursery.  I had a puzzled look on my face and asked why.  To which was replied, "It would be too bright for her".  Ha Ha Ha!

I took the remaining paint back to the store to see if they could add something to take down the loudness.  I was informed that yellow is a very hard color to correct.  They basically told me I would need to add a half gallon of white to soften it.  We had some white paint at home, so I took it back and needless to say we did just that.  After adding a half a gallon of white to the previous yellow color, it's still bold and pretty, but doesn't make you want to put your sunglasses on.

So to learn from my mistake, never paint a yellow on the walls without first buying one of those color samples, because you never know how it's going to turn out.

Who knew yellow was so difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment