Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lots of work getting done around here

We had a fairly productive week around our house.  Bella was actually sick at the beginning of the week, but has managed this cold pretty well.  We are still getting up in the night with coughing (over a week later), but it hasn't been as rough as in the past.
I also received the new fabric for the nursery to make curtains.  I decided that before I tackled that project, I should probably attempt the living room curtains, since I have had that fabric sitting in the dinning room for 9 months.  I must admit the sheer size of the curtains had me a little afraid.  It only took me a couple of days and I managed to get them done.  We even got them hung in record time, but of course I haven't managed to take a picture in the daylight yet.
But the major project was the weekend landscaping project.  Jesse's parents came down to help with the yard and watching Bella.  Jesse got to rent a skid steer and took his revenge on the yard, as seen in the pictures below.

Actually what you are seeing in the pictures was not supposed to happen.  The yard was a little wet when we started, and being that we didn't have much choice (the equipment was already delivered) we just had to get the work done.  Now we are busy watering the grass seeds we had to plant in the damaged yard.  I'll be posting the before and after pictures of the actual landscaping project on our house blog soon.  But I was proud of all the work we accomplished:  regrading the soil against the house, building a retaining wall, pulling out old bushes, planting new flowering bushes, putting down landscaping paper, adding 6 tons of river rock, and edging the landscaping areas.  It was a long two days.  And thanks again to grandpa and grandma K, we couldn't have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment