Thursday, April 28, 2011

Holiday Traditions

How do you spend your holidays?  This past weekend was Easter.  Easter for me is filled with memories of Easter Egg Hunts, whether a formal one in a park or an informal one at home with siblings and cousins, decorating Easter eggs and the hope that I would get a chocolate bunny in my basket that was solid and not hollow.  And let's not forget a holiday that pretty much guaranteed you would get a new dress to wear to church.
I love the holidays and the different traditions each one brings.  You find as you get older they just don't hold the same meaning they once did, and that's when you pass on the traditions to your children.
So what great thing did we do this Easter weekend, what great tradition did we participate in.  Nothing.  And I feel horrible about it.  We did do Easter morning church and dinner with family.  But we couldn't come up with an activity that would celebrate the holiday that Bella could participate in.  I sometimes feel that I am cheating my daughter out of the holidays.  All days are the same for Bella, the only difference is the changing of seasons.
Or at least that is how I feel it is for her sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment