Sunday, July 3, 2011

We're back home

Oliver Daniel Kuhlen was born June 30th at 1:30pm (sharing a birthday with his Aunt Erin).  Weighing in at 8lbs7oz and 20 inches long.  It was a fairly short delivery with only minor complications.  I'm thinking our new son might take after his dad, as the doctor told me he wasn't tolerating the pushing well at all and I needed to get him out ASAP, granted I think I only pushed for 30-40 minutes, so just like his dad he was impatient :-)  He also pooed all over the doctor when he came out, so maybe he was just in a hurry to get out so he didn't have to go inside of me.  Thanks Oliver!


 Bella got to meet her new brother later on that evening, she wasn't too impressed.  Her face cracks me up in this picture.
 We brought Oliver home on Saturday and so far he has actually been easier to care for at home.  I think he is finally able to get food from me, so he is pretty content and like most newborns is sleeping pretty much all the time.


 I'm curious to see how long it takes Bella to really pay attention to Oliver.  She will watch him sometimes out of the corner of her eyes, and if one of us is holding him she will take quick glances at him.  I'm pretty sure she has no idea what to make of him for now.
 Of course Colby is in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment