Monday, April 26, 2010

Look what I can do!

What happens when Bella has control of her own marker...........apparently it's used as makeup and tastes good enough to eat!
Bella doesn't like to hold things in her hands for very long. I think it's a combination of her weak muscles and sensory issues. Today at preschool they decided to use tape (similar to athletic tape) to help her hold on to items.
They started with a spoon, to see if she would bring it to her mouth during snack time. Next was art time. They taped a marker to her hand and let her have free reign. Some lines and dots did appear on the paper, but it also went on her face, in her mouth, on the therapists arm, the table, etc, etc. She didn't seem bothered by the tape at all, so I think we might have to start using a version of it at home. Although I think I feel safer trying the spoon activity, and I'll leave the marker time to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment