Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trolley Run

Jesse and I participated in the trolley run on Sunday. It rained most of Saturday and all night. It was still raining that morning. Jesse was already at the start line when this picture was taken. He was in the competitive first wave. I was in the "I run, but not quickly" third wave.

Check out the circa 1994 yellow rain jacket. That's right, I got that when I was a freshman in high school. Jesse and I were commenting how neither of us really had a rain jacket we could wear when running. Maybe it's something we should look into purchasing so we (okay just I) don't end up looking like a dork. Oh and it technically stopped raining right before the race, so I didn't need it anyways.After the race we ate with friends at Reverse on the Plaza. The race is 4 miles long and ends with a bash at the Plaza. 10,000 runners participated this year. I was happy to report I ran 3.5 miles and only walked 0.5 miles. Jesse was on pace to finish in 28 minutes, and then with only half a mile to go, he felt something pinch in his leg, and was unable to run. So he gimped to the end feeling very old.

I'm now trying to debate if I should do the Hospital Hill run the first weekend in June. It's supposed to be a horrible run, in fact competitive runners even have to walk this course. I thought about signing up and just walking the whole thing. It benefits Johnson County Infant and Toddlers, which is a program that has been providing Bella with home therapists since she was born. Okay I think I have just convinced myself that I should do it. It surely can't hurt anything!

2 comments:

  1. You should do the race just to prove to yourself that it really isn't "horrible" as you have heard, it is more challenging. It is a lot of fun and you will feel really great after, I promise!

    Beth Salinger
    Hospital Hill Run Race Director

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jesse & Kristen!
    Great pictures of you and your friends that all participated in the Trolley Run! Hopefully, Jesse has a successful recovery soon!

    ReplyDelete