Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New buffet

When I finished painting the kitchen a few months ago, I said I would be replacing the black buffet with a new one.I found this on Craigslist for $50.
After a couple coats of paint, some new stain and varnish on top, and new hardware, it now looks like this.
I also received this old antique tea cart from my mom. I thought it would be a great piece to grow herbs in the kitchen. I found some contact paper that almost exactly matched the new curtains.
Now the seating area of the kitchen looks like this.
I really have a desire to paint the kitchen chairs bright green to pull in the color from the family room. I saw it done in a magazine and it looked great. But this table and chairs is also an antique and I'm not sure if I can commit to painting. We'll see..........I do still have some green paint left!

No comments:

Post a Comment