Friday, June 17, 2011

Memories

No baby yet.  Most people wouldn't be too upset with that if they weren't past their due date, but I was sure with the amount of procrastination going on in our house with the preparation for the new baby that it would indeed be early.
And I know that in general it's better for the baby to not come early.  But it's getting hard to take care of Bella.  And it's not even the carrying around the 33 pound dead weight of Bella (except when going up and down the stairs), it's the bending over and trying to pick her up from the floor, and the worst is trying to support her on my lap when there just isn't anyplace for her to sit.  And of course there is the general uncomfortableness of being this pregnant.
But if you want to know the real reason I am ready to have this baby, it's because I'm anxious to meet the little person growing inside of me.  I would like to know if it's a girl or a boy, being that my lovely husband wouldn't let me find out.  But most importantly I want to make sure the baby is healthy and everything will be okay this time around.
I start to remember my delivery of Bella.  Of being hooked up to a million machines and the whole labor and delivery taking forever.  Of her having a short little cry after being born, them handing her to me for all of 3 seconds and then needing to rush off and work on her.  And my first impression of Bella being in my arms was that she had such a pronounced cone head.  They worked on her in the room with us for a short while and they had to rush her down to NICU.  Jesse went with them, and the doctors and nurses had to finish up things with me.  I remember Jesse being lost and going in between my room and the NICU.  They would occasionally kick him out of the NICU to do different procedures and the doctors would tell him different things they found.  He would have to come back and report the different things to me with such a look of despair and disbelief.  They then informed us Bella would be transported to Children's Mercy downtown.  It wasn't until I had a brief time alone that I even allowed myself to cry.
This was the only picture taken of Bella and us at the hospital I delivered her at (they were in a little bit of a hurry and didn't allow us to take another one, even though my eyes were closed).
Jesse decided to stay with me in the hospital since they were going to release me the very next morning.  I was in a huge hurry to get out as I knew our new baby girl was all alone in a hospital without her mother or father.  I cried most of the way up to Children's Mercy. And of course life went on, as most of you know who read the blog.  But that is my memory of giving birth, and I'm ready to replace it with a new one....any day now would be great!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me cry at work :)
    It will all be OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart still aches for you both when I think of of the roller-coaster of emotions you must have experienced on that day (and those that followed)...Bella is such a wonderful blessing to all of us, but whenever situations deviate so far from "the plan," it is a hard pill to swallow. I pray daily that God will grant you piece of mind, afford you an "easy" delivery, and bless you with a healthy baby...always keeping in mind that His will be done for only He knows what is best. You are both wonderful parents and Bella will be a stellar big sister. :) While Bella may be limited in her physical abilities, she clearly brings out the best in people (loving, nurturing, and caring assets) – what an amazing gift for our entire family. I CAN'T WAIT to meet my new niece or nephew!!! Love to all of you...Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think I can do a better job, than Amy, of expressing our feelings for your trying times during Bella's birth...and after! When I look at that picture taken of Kristen standing by the front door before you headed for the hopital (very pregnant in 2007), it still makes me cry for the two of you! However, we must remember that Bella is a special child of God, and part of His plan for all of us...and we must trust in His ways! (Bella is a sweetheart and we love her dearly!!!) Our thoughts and prayers are with the three of you every day...and for the new baby on the way! Looking forward to Grandbaby #4! :)

    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete