Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Naughty Post

I'm going to get in trouble for this one.

I know it comes from a place of good intentions, but every day my "can't sit still, has to be doing something, list making, has one million things that HAVE to be done" husband comes home from work and asks me - "What have you DONE today"?
Translated means - "What have you done today which has helped your cause to have this baby now"?
If it were up to my husband I would be walking 4 miles every day while eating hot wings and stopping every mile to have sex, and then maybe the baby would come.
Because that's just what a very pregnant person wants to hear every night, that it's somehow her fault that this baby hasn't arrived yet, because she hasn't "done" enough.

2 comments:

  1. Jesse (aka Husband)June 22, 2011 at 7:53 AM

    There is no intended blame bestowed on anyone... if the baby hasnt come yet, then i am going to ask if anything was done to "help" things along... we all want this baby to arrive and he or she will arrive when ready... there's nobody to blame... but i believe there are some things a pregnant lady could be doing that MAY be beneficial...Sorry for being an ass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if there was something a pregnant lady could do to "help things along", I wish they would have told me 32 years ago when I was 3 weeks late with you, Jesse, and still had to be induced! Be patient, my son! :) It's all in God's hands!

    ReplyDelete