Monday, March 19, 2012

Another blog to read

I stumbled upon this blog the other day and literally bawled the whole time I was reading her birth story.  While I didn’t have the exact same experience as her (I didn’t know what to expect so I didn’t have as many pre-conceived notions at that time).  I felt for her and was completely awed by her openness and honesty.  I think in some ways we might be completely opposite.  She had the hardest time in the beginning getting over the shock and my battles/fears are as Bella ages and I am faced with all the additional struggles we are going to have to go through as she continues on her extremely slow development.  In some ways though, we do enjoy how Bella looks pretty normal, and for a lot of chromosomal children, that is not the case.  Bella will be judged because she is in a wheelchair and doesn’t communicate or at times even hold her head up, while other kids can do a lot more than her, but are judged because of their facial features, etc.

If you want to read the birth story go here Enjoying the small things.  And then make sure to read some of her recent blogs to see her beautiful daughters.

If you want to re-read our first story it’s here.

No comments:

Post a Comment