Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weighty Brick

I’m not going to complain how hard it is to deal with the children when we are all sick – it is.  I’m sure another round of colds will come again at some point and I can talk about it then.

I really want to talk about two separate issues.

First, I’m getting very frustrated with my “weight loss goal”.  My first goal was the hit my pre-Bella weight.  I still have 8 pounds to go.  I have been at this same weight for the past month.  I get on a kick of working out and eating better and then things like vacations, sickness, no sleep, etc. start piling on and I’m not able to work out anymore, and I start making poor food choices.  I guess I’m happy to say the scale hasn’t gone back up, but as I mentioned it hasn’t gone down.  At some point I guess I just have to realize that my life is always going to be difficult and stressful, and I have to stop saying that allows me to eat a cookie, or have two Dr. Pepper’s that day.  And unless I’m physically sick, I should probably make myself work out.  Even if it’s only 20 minutes on a treadmill, I’m at least doing something (and/or working off that Dr. Pepper I just couldn’t say no to).

Secondly.  The thing I was afraid of has come, and it has seemed to come early.  Some one loves, loves, LOVES pulling himself up on the fireplace hearth.  He just discovered it today, and has been mesmerized by putting his toys up on the brick, then pulling himself up onto the brick, playing with the toys dragging them on the brick, throwing the toys back on the carpet, and then clumsily falling back towards his toys.  I’m pretty sure at some point soon we will have a few bumps and scrapes from his head grazing/hitting the brick.  Time will tell.  I had wanted to cover the brick up before this became an issue, but we haven’t finished the upstairs bathroom yet, so this has been on hold.  I also wanted to start the garden as the next project.  So I guess it comes down to fresh vegetables this spring/summer, or the possibility of harm from the exposed brick.  Maybe if we could all get over this cold and have a huge burst of energy we could get it all done……..yeah, not thinking that will happen either.

photo (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment