Sunday, July 8, 2012

Still Busy

We had three medium sized projects we were working on this past week.  I say medium, but you could actually say they were quite large projects.  Large in that each one of them would probably take a week’s worth of time.  We were only supposed to be working on two of the projects.  I started the third thinking I was going to have all this extra time to get it done.  I actually though I would work on it once the kids went to bed at night.  Well after a good dose of reality, that being that I never feel like working on anything once the kids go to sleep, and that during the day all my time is pretty much used by actually watching the kids, we have three projects that have a long way to go.

Project 1:  Tree house

Jesse demolished the upper level of the tree house.  Now we still have to build a roof, windows, and doors for the tree house itself, reinforce the tree house support which is sagging a little too much for our comfort, and enclose the support structure so it essentially becomes a shed.  Definitely more left “to do” than “got done”.

Project 2:  Craft room/Guest room

I got 1/3 of the wallpaper stripped in this room.  So that means I still have to strip the rest of the wallpaper, Jesse has to mud the walls that used to have wallpaper.  Then we need to prime and paint the walls, paint all the trim, and doors in the room.  Change out the electrical boxes, change out the door hardware.  Install my work counters and countertop.  Make curtains a new head board and recover a desk chair.  Umm, probably not even worth mentioning that we started this project because we have so much left to do on it.  This actually needs to become the priority because I won’t be doing any sewing projects and there won’t be a place for anyone to stay with us until this is completed.

Project 3:  Family room

This was the bonus project that I started.  This is also the project that got the most attention.  Something about it being easier to work on (i.e. not out in the 105 degree heat and not right next to the rooms of sleeping children).  I have some progress pictures on this one, but I think it would be best to wait until we have it closer to finished.  In other words, it’s looking a little cuckoo right now with the color scheme.

So you just got to read about all the things we didn’t get done, and then you don’t even get to see the pictures of what we did get done.  How about some bonus pictures of Bella and Oliver.

005006007008009010011012

013

Impossible to get them to stay still for a photo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment