Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Breakfast

I normally try to have a lot of patience where Bella is concerned. But this morning she was getting to me. For some reason she hasn't been wanting to hold her head up when she eats.
Now normally this is the time she holds her head up the best. But for breakfast this morning, she was on her worst behavior. She was leaning so much that she got cereal and milk all in her freshly washed hair.

Bella knows what the phrase "pick your head up" means. If you say it to her, she will pick her own head up with no assistance needed. But this morning she didn't want to. And I didn't want to feed her for 2 hours to get breakfast in her. I'd had enough.

So I helped her get her head up, and then kept my hands in place so she would keep it up. I also probably talked to her with an edge to my voice that I shouldn't have used.

But she just smiled at me. Was she teasing me? Trying to make me feel better? Happy that I was holding her head up because she couldn't do it today?

I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment