Friday, June 11, 2010

I've Been Hit by a Truck

And yes we are talking about mom, not Bella. Granted Bella was driving the truck.

Let's see what happens when a child is tired and cranky and ready to go to bed at 5pm. You hope they can make it a little while longer or you know you will have a horrible next morning.

Well last night was so much worse than waking up a little bit earlier than normal (and normal is 5:30am). Bella went to bed at 5:30pm, and then woke up at 10:30pm. And she was fussing and crying. ALL NIGHT LONG. That's right, I stayed up with her and tried a million different things to get her to fall asleep. Nothing worked.

At 5am, Jesse got up to go to work and came into the guest bedroom where Bella and I were hanging out. He took her downstairs to eat a little something and try some more Tylenol. She did end up falling asleep for a couple of hours. So basically I got to sleep from 5:30am till 9:30am this morning. And when she woke up, she was still fussy and crying.

I don't know what is wrong, but it's going to be a long day. So much for all my plans to have a great and productive day. Instead we are hanging out together and watching movies. Since being in my lap is the only way she seems slightly less irritable.

We put a cover on the dog bed, so Bella and I could use it as a couch and watch movies in the rec room. I think the dogs might be a little mad they lost their bed for now, but I think they will survive.
Me, I'm not so sure. Let's just say I hope Bella naps today, and I can get one in too!

1 comment:

  1. She sure is cute though... :) Sorry you didn't get any sleep. Hopefully the rest of your weekend went better!

    ReplyDelete