Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What do you do with ugly?

 

We had this old chandelier in our entryway that we took down a couple of months ago.  They still sell new ones similar to it at the home improvement stores for $200.  I tried to sell it on craigslist for $40.  And no one wanted to buy it.  So I decided to spray paint it black.
I took out the chandelier part and replaced it with a candle.  I added some fall foilage to spruce up our entryway.
As you can see it's a work in progress.
I bought the wreath last year before we stained the doors, and it looks like I am going to have to come up with something else, as it blends into the doors.  I also haven't replaced my summer plants with fall mums yet. I might not this year, as it's getting kind of late in the season.
Maybe some day my entryway will look like this for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment