Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ZZZZZzzzzz

I like my sleep.  In fact I am one of those unlucky people who need about 9 hours a night to function.  I say  unlucky because I know those rare people who only need 6 hours of sleep, they get to stay up later, and wake up early with no problems.  I am extremely jealous of those people.

It isn't very often that I get 9 hours of sleep.  Although I would say on average I get between 7 and 8 hours.  Granted I have to go to bed around 9:30pm, because on a normal good sleeping night, Bella wakes up at 5:30 or 6am.

But we haven't had normal for awhile.  We seem to be stuck in this rut of coughing all night long.  We just went through a week of bad sleeping, had one or two weeks of normal sleeping, and are now back to bad sleeping again.  And by bad sleeping I mean waking up and coughing every 1 to 2 hours.  Which is pretty much worse than a new born, or at least Bella when she was a new born.

I feel so bad for her, I know she isn't getting a good sleep either, and it's not like she wants to cough so badly she can't stop.  But we can't figure out what to do about the cough.  It's not from a cold, we are pretty sure it's from teething.  She pools the saliva in the back of her mouth and when she is sleeping she can't swallow it, so she just starts coughing.  And unfortunately she doesn't realize when she wakes up coughing that all she needs to do is swallow.  Instead we have to force water down her mouth, so that she will swallow the water and saliva.

So this is pretty much just a long post about saliva...and not sleeping.  And how frustrating it is to have a child who teeths for eternity.  I know everyone knows how bad teething is.  Now imagine it lasting for EVER!  I am not exaggerating either.  At 3 years old we still only have 5 teeth on top and 4 teeth on bottom, and 3 incisors poking through.  Which means we have more than half a mouth to go.....

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear Bella's been having rough nights of sleeping, and therefore Mommy and Daddy, too!:( Hope things improve soon!

    ReplyDelete