Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Back from the slopes

Jesse and I took a small vacation with friends to Breckenridge this past weekend.  We had a good time.  Jesse has been wanting to take a ski vacation for years, but normally I win and we head to the beach. 

We both did a little snowmobiling, and then Jesse hit the slopes for two days.

IMG_3551IMG_3563IMG_3615

The kiddos stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Sneller.  They did pretty good for them, but I guess Oliver didn’t really want to nap much for them, and liked to wake up two times each night.  So I think it’s pretty safe to say, they were excited to get their sleep back, once I got there to pick them up.

I flew into Omaha to get the kids on Monday night, and Oliver was already asleep by the time I made it back to the house.  Bella was still up and she gave me some big smiles when she saw me.  Oliver woke up that night at 4:30 am and also gave me a big smile when I picked him up.  He then looked around the room and I think he was looking for Jesse.  I gave him a bottle, changed his diaper and then put him back to bed.  When he woke up for the morning at 8:30 I went in and got him, as I was picking him up he said “ma ma”.  I couldn’t believe it.  This was the first time he had said those words, and pretty much the first time he was using constanants.  I know he had no idea what he was saying, but the greeting couldn’t have been more perfect.  He has been babbling more today, so apparently he started to talk while we were gone.  I think he is also pretty close to saying “da da”, so hopefully Jesse can be around when he does.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Kristen that is so wonderful that Oliver said MaMa. That is such a cool thing!

    ReplyDelete