Monday, February 27, 2012

Veggies

Jesse is only a little worse than I when it comes to vegetables.  We just don’t eat them.  You know I said I was going to eat two servings a day for lent.

All I can say is – I’m trying.  I am at least eating one serving a day.  I also wanted to try new ones and try making them in interesting ways.  Because if you left us to eat the ones we both enjoyed, it would be corn, raw carrots, and an occasional salad.  And that would be it.

So this past week we tried:

Yellow squash.  Which I must admit, turned out a little smoky flavored, and I didn’t enjoy it.  So it got pureed and mixed in with Bella’s barbeque.  She gobbled it up….go Bella, at least someone likes vegetables in our house.

yellow squash

Next up was zucchini.  I first wanted to try zucchini fries dipped in pizza sauce.

zucchini fries

The fries were okay.  I would eat them again if someone else made them, but they took a lot of prep work to make, and didn’t have a lot of flavor to them.  So I won’t be making them again.

I still had a zucchini left, and decided zucchini bread would be up next.

zucchini bread

The zucchini bread turned out great as long as you have something to drink while you are eating it, in other words it’s a tad bit dry on it’s own, and I didn’t want to smear butter on it.  I think I would make this again, and it’s great that I am getting some vegetables in my breakfast.  It was also very filling.

Next recipe to try is bacon wrapped asparagus.  I have eaten this before and found it to be alright.  Can’t you tell that eating vegetables is a struggle for us.  The other problem, are you noticing all the bad ingredients we have to add to even attempt to eat the vegetables.  I guess in the end we are getting the nutrients, but it would be nice to find some vegetables that we like just as they are!

Bacon-wrapped-asparagus-bites

No comments:

Post a Comment