Thursday, July 15, 2010

I have a "Me Plan"

That's right, this post has nothing to do with Bella.  It's just about myself.

I would like to train for a half marathon.  Now if you haven't noticed from previous posts, I like to sign up for charity runs, but I have yet been able to complete them while running the whole distance.  I don't think it's wrong to have to walk a little bit, but I would like to try and push myself to run further.

So I have a plan.  I stole it from a magazine, but it gives you 18 weeks worth of workouts and by the end you should be able to run a half marathon.  I keep starting it, not making it through the first week, and then starting over again.  With the ups and downs of life, working out just never seems to be a priority for me.  But I'm making a vow to try harder.  I may not like to run when it's 90 degrees outside, but that doesn't mean I can't ride the elipitcal in the air conditioning of our house.  Or get outside and at least walk the distance I am supposed to run.

So today is the first day of my new workout.  Let's see how well I can stick it out.

So here I am, as you would see me today.  I happened to be wearing a shirt I designed and sewed for myself.  I got five compliments on it today, and I didn't tell anyone I had made it myself.  So that made me feel pretty good.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shirt!!! You look great! Good luck with the Me plan! You should send it to me and I'll do it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the workout on the side bar, in case anyone wants to participate.

    ReplyDelete