Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sitting


We have been working a lot on sitting with Bella.  You probably wouldn't notice, but this is actually great progress for Bella.  This picture was taken 15 minutes after I put her in that same exact spot.  And she sat there with her head up.  The couch is doing a lot to help support her, but Bella is learning to keep her balance.  And she even sometimes will prop herself up with her arms, which is another huge accomplishment.  Slowly but surely we will make progress.

Well you can see, I was finally able to load a picture.  The computer seems to be running okay for now.  This weekend seemed to slip by quickly.  We finished up our tiling project by grouting the floor on Saturday.  We started when Bella went down for a nap, with the intentions of doing half the hallway.  At some point we decided to go for it, and do the whole thing.  It was miserable.  Luckily Bella took a nice long nap for us, and only had to entertain herself for about an hour while we finished up.  Toward the end of that time she was getting a little fussy (it was time to eat), and I kept telling her that we all felt like crying at that point, but that I assured her laying on her blanket with her toys was definitely better than cleaning grout.

On Sunday I decided to tackle some baking and then my first attempt at canning.  I started with pickles, since I have an over abundance of cucumbers.  I have this sneaky suspicion they are not going to turn out.  Mainly because I missed a step and forgot to get rid of all the bubbles before I put the lid on.  I'm pretty sure that means they will be alright if eaten fresh, but can't be stored for a year.  Good thing I made 7 quarts.  If you live close by you might be getting a jar of pickles from me, if they have to be eaten fresh.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Bella on her progress sitting. That is great news! p.s. the "New Shoes" post... I had no idea orthopedic shoes could be so cute. The purple is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Jesse & Kristen! Way to go, Bella! Balancing yourself on the sofa with your head up for 15 minutes is a HUGE step! Grandma & Grandpa are so happy for all of you...and looking forward to seeing Bella do it in person soon!

    ReplyDelete