Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy Busy

I recently saw a saying that said something like:

I have so much to do, I think I won’t do any of it!

That pretty much seems to sum up my life.  I seem to start a million projects, finish a quarter of them, and am always thinking about what needs to be done next.  I read all these tips about how to clean the whole house efficiently and quickly in one setting, yet I never get around to trying them.  I have all these cook books and great recipes I want to try, yet most nights we revert to classics (chicken tacos, hamburgers, sandwiches, cereal, frozen pizza, eggs, etc).  At least we do still eat at home the majority of the time, so that counts for something.  There is a bunch of stuff I should be doing with Bella, working on chewing and self feeding, working on rolling and crawling, doing activities, etc.  I just don’t have the energy and most times we just play together on the floor.  Thank God she has preschool where she gets a lot more interaction and work (therapy) done.

And on top of all that, I recently started working again.  I am working from home part time, which is wonderful, but still hard to get any time in while watching the kids.  For example yesterday I couldn’t get much time during the day, so I had to work from 8pm till 11pm.  Not my idea of fun.  So we are currently looking for a nanny/babysitter to come over a couple days a week while I work.  I’m really hoping this will be the solution we/I am looking for to balance out my life.

I love these kids….but I need a break from them every once in a while.

017

And now that I have started working from home, I’m already dreaming about what my office/craft room could be.  Although I have no time to work on it, it would be so nice to work in a more organized space.  Not to mention our guests would probably appreciate the guest room aspect better.

To go from this crazy unorganized space.

007

To a merging of the bottom two photographs.

craftroomcraftroom1

Wishful thinking for now, but I plan to keep my eye open for clearance kitchen cabinets that can be transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment