Friday, November 11, 2011

Let’s take a bet

I suggested to Jesse a while ago that I wanted to rearrange the furniture in the family room.  I was told my idea was dumb.  Well I did it anyways.  So who wants to take a bet on how long it lasts!!

Basically the scoop is, I wanted more room for my kitchen.  I desperately need counter space.  So I wanted to move the kitchen table into the awkward space in the family room.  Therefore I needed to adjust the sectional and move it over.  One of the sectional pieces therefore, doesn’t fit anymore.

007

So as you can see, I moved it to the other side of the room.  I also wanted to add a table in the middle of the couch, so we have a place to put our drinks (and lets face it, our plates when we eat dinner while watching tv).  I don’t have a table right now to go in the spot, so a cheapo tv tray will have to do.  The added bonus, we can now recline all the pieces of our couch.

008

Here is my latest craigslist purchase and project.  it’s an antique oak pedestal table and chairs.  What you see in the picture is with the leaf in so it’s oval.  I have plans to strip and stain the table a darker color.  I also have plains to slipcover the chairs, which are comfortable being high back, but a little too country for me in their current shape.

009

I am imagining something along these lines when I am done.

kitchen slipcoverkitchen table

I have our old kitchen table in the kitchen to feed Bella right now, mainly because we don’t have anything to currently go in it’s place.

010

No comments:

Post a Comment