Sunday, November 27, 2011

Design Sunday–Knockoff Advent Calendar

I had been eyeing pottery barn’s Christmas tree advent calendar for a couple of years.  I can’t remember it’s price but I wanted to say it was near $100.  I decided I could make it, and two years ago I started.  It’s probably worth it’s price tag if you wanted something in the same season, but luckily I still got it done in plenty of time to start a new tradition with our family.  The first picture is from Pottery Barn (no longer available) the second one is my creation.

telluride christmas tree005

I still need to add numbers for the countdown (maybe that will get done in another year)!

007

Of course the pockets are so small, we really can’t fit much in them, so instead we will have to be creative.

Now that I have finished up this project, I found another one at pottery barn to copy that will take another couple of years.  It’s a felt nativity scene and it’s going for $129. I think it’s adorable, except for the shepherd holding the lamb, his hair looks a little funny.  But I think it would be great to have a nativity scene that the kids could actually play with.

felt nativity scene

No comments:

Post a Comment