Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

The presents are finally wrapped (just finished).  I finally got Christmas cookies made on Friday, I’m pretty sure I messed up the recipe I was using.  Funny thing is, they turned out great, I’m just not sure I will ever be able to replicate them.  We finished our advent calendar, the final gift was the “Elf on a Shelf”.  We read the book together before they went to bed.  We gave Bella the Elf to play with and let her name him.  Want to know his name?  It’s Umm.  So Umm will be a new tradition to start next Christmas.

This year we are staying in town for Christmas.  This allowed us to go to Christmas Eve service as a family for the first time.  We will see extended family later on.  It’s kind of fun starting all your own family traditions for Christmas, and even better when the kids realize what Christmas is.

Last night we went around town to look at Christmas lights.  It was mainly for Bella’s sake (and Jesse’s).  We had one neighborhood that was touted to be great, turn out to be a dud.  But we headed to one house that has hundreds of blow up Christmas characters. Then we headed to a neighborhood said to be the equivalent of the Griswalds.  I have to admit this was my favorite.  It wasn’t a very large neighborhood, two cul-de-sacs to be exact.  But every house was completely lit up.  A must see if you are in the O.P. area (131st Place and Antioch).

Well that’s been it for our Christmas experience so far. Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas!!

001004007017018019022023

No comments:

Post a Comment