Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mom got a break

I actually do have something to show you for design Sunday – it’s a little dress coat I made for Bella.  But I am going to have to put that off until tomorrow, because I just didn’t get around to taking pictures today, and don’t feel like it right now.

You see, I got a day of eating out, having a few drinks, doing a lot of talking and a little shopping on the Plaza.  It was great to be out and about (thanks Shannon!).  And thanks to Jesse for watching the kiddos.  He reported that they were fairly good but didn’t nap for him.  I feel bad that they were a little bit of trouble, but at the same time, I feel validated because now he knows what I feel like when he gets home and I say they were good today, but they didn’t nap.  It’s not that they are a lot of work, it’s just if they don’t nap you always have to be ON, and someone is always depending on you.  I think that is the thing I miss most about leaving for work.  You are working, but usually it’s on your timeline and if you want to get up and get a coffee, or go to the bathroom, you can.  You don’t have to feel like you need to quickly work it in and hope all is well in the next room for the minute you are gone.  I’m sure some jobs would be similar to what I feel at home, but I think to myself, well at least you are getting paid.

We did hire a sitter to come over and help out two days a week.  It’s been a great help so far, and I feel my sanity is slowly coming back.  Most of the time when she is here I am working from home, I don’t remember if I told you all, but I took a part time job working from home.  But some times if I don’t have job related work to do, I will run errands or work on a home/sewing project.  I feel a little guilty, but I’m getting over it.  I think we all deserve to have time to ourselves.  And since I am usually “ON”, as I put it, from 7am till 8pm, it’s nice to have a break every once in a while. 

And there is a complete difference in the break I feel when the sitter is here versus when Jesse is watching the kids.  When it’s the sitter, I feel that it’s her job to take care of them, that’s what I’m paying her for.  When Jesse is doing it, I know he feels that he should be doing a million other things, and while he likes hanging out with his kids, in all honesty there is only so long he can handle them.  So I really feel guilty and that I shouldn’t be away too long.  Is this normal, or just normal when one person has no patience and is a perfectionist with ADD, while the other has more patience and most times can ignore the mess around them?  Hmmmm hard to figure out which one is which?  Really makes me wonder which personality type Oliver will be, I can see both in him right now, well at least the laid back happy baby that always is so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment