Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Crash and Burn

A couple of weeks ago I got…

sick_girl

Which lead to…

Amtrak_crash

I’m talking about our diet of course.  I did pretty well when I was busy with work.  I did okay when Bella was sick.  But when I was sick, busy with work and didn’t have a sitter, I just couldn’t keep up with it.  I went back to my old favorites of quick and easy carbs with my trustee old Dr. Pepper.  I did notice that my portion sizes were a little smaller, and luckily I was paying attention to the scale and while I wasn’t losing any more weight, I was holding steady.  And then this past long weekend we were super busy around the house, plus had guests.  So we ate out a lot.  And sure enough the scale went up 3 pounds.  I guess that tell me, I can be a little bad at home in certain circumstances and very short periods of time, but eating out is horrible for you!

So it’s back on the diet for me.  I originally had 7 pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal, now tacking on an additional 3 pounds, I have 10 pounds to lose.  I have a feeling it won’t go as quickly this time around.  But the good news is, our spring crops are starting to be edible in the garden, so we have plenty of salads and greens to eat in the coming month.

And I am very excited to try this….Avocado Banana Ice Cream recipe

avoicecream

Another great recipe I found, which is decent for you and tastes delicious.

Healthy Energy Bites recipe.  I eat these for breakfast with my coffee.  I have also been known to add fiber powder to them to replicate my FiberOne bars (I also omit the coconut flakes, I didn’t have any and I didn’t think they needed them).  Don’t expect these to last long, you will have to quadruple the recipe and even then, they go fast.

healthy-energy-bites

I found both the recipes on pinterest, which my husband makes fun of (the website in general), yet somehow seems to benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment