Monday, May 21, 2012

The truth about clutter

We have clutter.  We blame it on the fact that we always need to finish a project in some room, and then things can be put in their rightful place.  It’s not the untruth, but a lot of our projects won’t be finished for years.

Oliver has outgrown most of his baby stuff, yet it still sits out. Take this lovely corner of our bedroom, which stores a bunch of unused things. They really should go down in the basement, but we want to organize and clean the basement before we move more things down there. So there are many corners like this throughout our house, where “stuff” hangs out.

003

These pictures have sat on the floor to our sitting room for almost 3 years now. It’s not very difficult to hang them, but we never get around to it. We talk about it all the time, does that count!

004

The main reason for taking new pictures of our bedroom, was to show the new placement of my office. I hadn’t wanted to use the sitting room, but since we don’t sit or use the sitting room, it seemed like a good place to relocate. Of course that means doing some things to clean up this area, a folding table doesn’t quite cut it, but it works for now (plus it was the only thing I could move by myself).

001

Check out the funky placement of our sitting room furniture.

002

Notice I should have shut Jesse’s closet door, looking a little messy in there!

So if you can’t tell, by trying to rearrange a few things to move my office, looks like I have created a bunch of work for myself to put it together.  One bonus is that I do like the blue color on the wall for my office, it feels a little more put together than the previous guest room.

And the guest room will still get redone to become the craft/guest room.  And I’m sure at times it will go back to being an office if needed.

Sometimes I just sit here and think, so much potential, so much work.  It feels like it will never get done, and in the meantime we will live in clutter forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment