Sunday, May 20, 2012

What happened to the weekend?

Do you have those weekends where you don’t have much going on, so you plan to get a lot of things done around the house.  Then suddenly you realize it’s Sunday night and you haven’t gotten anything done AT ALL.  Yeah it was one of those weekends for us.

What I did realize this weekend, was how much both kids love to be outside.  Yesterday we were able to spend some time at the pool, which they both enjoyed.  And then today I took them out with me and laid Bella on a blanket and put Oliver down beside her.  They both had a great time hanging out, and I got to water a few plants.  It made me laugh the Oliver wouldn’t venture off the blanket.  In the house he is a terror going everywhere, but apparently in the big open space of the yard, he prefers to sit right where you put him.  I’m sure that will quickly change, but it was great to enjoy the beautiful weather outside today with the family.

I did try to talk Jesse into demolishing something in our kitchen today.  I think I have him convinced it should go.  It’s the column between the two openings from the kitchen to the family room.  We know it’s not structural for the house, and we think it’s only there because one of the openings used to be a half opening with a window and a wall below.  But that’s just guessing and we could be completely wrong.

010

How embarrassing would it be if two structural engineers took something out of their house that made the the ceiling come crashing down.  Stay tuned……….

No comments:

Post a Comment