Monday, September 24, 2012

A new lamp

I have been wanting to recover a lamp forever.  I think there are so many cute things you can do with fabric and spray paint.

I bought this lamp at the salvation army for $7.

009017

I kept telling myself to not pick out a striped fabric.  The stripes are so hard to get to look straight since the top and bottom of the lamp shade are not the same circumference.  I of course, didn’t listen to myself and picked one with a stripe.  It looks good from one angle, just don’t turn it around!

Now I really need to get started on the curtains for the room.  I think it would help bring everything together.  Only problem is, I ordered the fabric, and didn’t order enough.  I went to order more, and they keep letting me order it, but then a few days later cancel the order and say they don’t have the fabric in.  This has now happened twice, so I’m a little scared I won’t actually be able to order any more of the matching fabric, at which point I’m not sure what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment