Sunday, September 30, 2012

Making Lemonade

So we didn’t get to go back on Saturday and tailgate.  We tried to make the most of it and enjoy ourselves around here.

I still got all dressed up in my Husker gear.  And since I had showered and blown out my hair the night before, so I wouldn’t have to do it in the morning.  I decided to go ahead and put on makeup for the day….who cares if no one would actually see me.

031

Not really sure why I included the picture above, mainly because I took it.  Jesse took advantage of being home and decided to fit in a run in the morning.  After trying to corral Oliver so he could get his pants changed before his morning nap.

032

Bella actually slept in till 10am or so.  We, or maybe it was just I, started on my first red beer at 11am.

033

We grilled out some brats I dug up from the freezer for lunch.  We even got the washer game out and attempted to play.  I say attempted to play because we didn’t even make it through one game.

We continued to have a few beers, watch football, and play with the kids.  But the problem with trying to “tailgate” and drink at home.  It really isn’t that much fun.  You still have to do all your parenting duties, you still have to cook and pick up around the house.  And even once we put the kids to bed we were just so exhausted we could hardly watch the Husker game, which was the main reason for our “tailgating” day.

So basically we gave it a shot.  We tried to make lemonade out of lemons.  But really if you are stuck at the house by yourselves with the kids….probably not worth getting tired and headache over a few beers.  But hey……..at the least the Husker game turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment