Monday, September 17, 2012

Are we at normal yet?

No.

Do I find this odd and slightly depressing that when something happens it seems to take three times as long for us to get over things?

Yes.

Looking on the bright side. 

Bella is improving, and is finally back in school.  Although she doesn’t quite seem to want to work yet, and I’ve been getting reports that she is a little bit fussy there. 

Her sickness was still undetermined.  But to the best of our knowledge she seemed to be teething, while battling a bacterial infection, while battling a viral infection.  No fun for Bella, or us.

For fun I thought I would give you a taste of Jesse and I’s texts back and forth about this whole ordeal.  Warning this might be incredibly boring.  We are incredibly boring people!!

Sep 4; Kristen:  It’s so hard to balance one child who wants to sit and drink all day long with one that is running around getting into everything.  Bella is still super warm and seems uncomfortable.  Looks like another super crappy week for me.

Jesse:  I know… Sorry…Did u get the meds in her. 

Has she eaten yet?

Yes on meds, yes I got her to eat one bowl of her mixed veggies.

Hopefully the meds will start working…I will put in an 8 hr

day and come home.

Don’t worry about coming home till 4 or 4:30.  Everybody is currently sleeping so no need to rush home.  I can let you know when Oliver wakes up if that helps.

I will leave at 430.

Sep 5; Kristen:  I can’t take it anymore.  I should have just taken Oliver over to the sitters.

So do it.  So apparently she’s not doing any better?

Take everyone for a walk or something.

She is, Oliver is being a pain, I already took everyone out, that was a disaster.

I keep feeling like I’m getting sick.

Hopefully you’ll feel better by this weekend… 

Sep 6; Jesse:  What is the plan for this morning?

I just plan to have Bella with me.  If she gets to be a pain I will give you a call.  I think she’s tired, so hopefully she can make it till after lunch to nap.

Did she eat?  Fever?

She ate two bowls of food and no fever so far, but she is starting to feel warmer.  So I guess we will just wait and see.

Guess u can have me call if needed to get her in for another appt

Yep.

Sep 10, Jesse:  Fever of 101

More proof we need to take her in.  I emailed the school so they have been notified she won’t make it today.

Have to take Colby in for her allergy shot Sat at 9am

Just gave her (Bella) an antibiotic shot, have to wait 15 minutes to make sure there are no reactions and then we can leave.

I bet she is hungry….What is the diagnosis?

Can’t tell, had to draw blood to run a culture, have to come back tomorrow morning to get the results.

Nothing with urine?

She is sleeping, she has fallen asleep every chance she gets left alone for 5 min.  Stuff in urine, but not enough to give clear picture.

They couldn’t do the venza on Saturday for the recall…So it’s

745 Friday morning..U can have the truck if needed that day

BTW sitter is coming over tomorrow, so you won’t have to worry about coming to the drs appt.

Sep, 11, Kristen:  Bella seems a little better this morning, but she still won’t eat.

What is the scoop on Bella?

All tests came back negative, so she doesn’t have any kind of bacterial infection.

Next steps?  So we just stock up on Tylenol for Bella

and that’s all that can be done?  I had wanted to ask the

question if they could do something for her pain…stronger

meds?  Cut her gums?…etc

I have asked that questions before and have always been told no.  Dr Grossman sad her throat and ears were red and sore, so she most likely had something viral that is bothering her.  They gave her another round of antibiotic shots today and we are supposed to continue the stuff we have at home tonight if she will eat.  Otherwise we go back in for another  shot tomorrow.

Nice keep giving her shots till she eats

She seems better today than yesterday so maybe it’s helping.  What do you want them to do????

Sep 12, Jesse:  Please tell Bella happy bday from me…Let

me know how the appt goes. I would prefer she didn’t get

any additional shots on Friday for her 5 yr checkup…

She needs a break

I don’t think we will give her any vaccinations right now, we will have to go back in for them at some point.  She is still sleeping right now, I think she was up for awhile last night.

Hopefully she didn’t have a fever…What did she feel

like when u went in there.

She felt fine, she just seemed wide awake.  She woke up coughing a little which is why she cried.

How is it going?

Not good for Bella.  The blood is showing staph infection, but they want to take her blood again to double check since her white cell count didn’t show enough elevation to be a staph infection so the first blood taken may have been contaminated.  Regardless we are to pick up a new dose of antibiotic and start it today to treat the staph infection.  Bella did eat breakfast so she must be starting to feel better.

Hello? 

So staph infection of the blood doesn’t sound good…

But sounds like its treatable with antibiotics?  Is this very

serious?

 

Also known as blood poisoning?

 

How is Oliver today?

I don’t think it’s serious, she is cleared to go to school tomorrow if she feels like it.

He could get it with his open scrapes or via saliva?

So it’s not in her bloodstream cause they say it can be

deadly

(At this point I finally called him to explain that she didn’t have any blood poisoning or something deadly.  If anything it was normal staph infection, but they thought the blood sample was contaminated, so the results were a false positive).

Sep 14, Jesse:  Venza will be done by 1pm…how

did Bella’s appt go?

Let’s see:  Bella is still sick with a virus that just has to work its way gone, I have a headache, I picked up Oliver so I now have both kids, Bella is a fussy mess, but eating seems to be quieting her down for the moment.

Nice….sorry I won’t be coming home early either…Take

them for a walk without the dogs and let them fuss

The only positive thing is that my allergies seem to be under control.  Only took 3 medications a day and a steroid shot!!

Both kids are currently sleeping.

Yep that was basically our life for a few weeks.  Jesse working while I took Bella to a bunch of doctors appointments, trying to find someone to watch Oliver, while also trying to fit in normal life stuff at the same time.

I really hope this will be my last post on Bella’s sickness for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment