Saturday, September 29, 2012

Football Saturdays

It’s time for football and tailgating.

I rounded up some new recipes to try for this weekend.  Here is what I came up with.

Drunken Gummy Bears

level

Potent little things (I may have test tasted to make sure it wasn’t too disgusting).  I think they will be a hit.  Although I wouldn’t make these if children were going to be anywhere near.

Cookies & Cream Popcorn

And here is where this blog post ends.  You see I started typing this last night (Friday night).  I got as far as you see above and Bella started crying.  Went into her room to see what was wrong, and she kept crying and was acting really weird.  Finally got her to fall asleep in bed with me, and 20 minutes later she was back up crying and starting to shake.  Sure enough she had a fever.  Gave her Tylenol and 30 minutes later she was sleeping.  At 1am she woke up again and was even warmer.  Took her temperature, 102, and gave her Advil.  Finally 30 minutes later she went back to sleep and is currently still sleeping this Saturday morning.

Except at this point Jesse and I were supposed to be halfway to Lincoln to tailgate for the Husker game. 

That isn’t happening.  I had a few choice words last night when all this was going down.  How is it that Jesse, Oliver and myself were sick last weekend, and it takes Bella all the way till late Friday night to get sick.  After we already had to get a backup sitter lined up for the kids and the dogs when our first plans fell through, after I had made a bunch of tailgating food, after we had bought a lot of beer to drink, after we had packed everything up, after I had already pre-dropped off a bunch of Bella’s equipment at the sitter’s so this morning we could just get up put our suitcases in the car and drop the kids off on our way out of town. 

And more importantly than missing out on today, which we are upset about, especially seeing all our Nebraska friends from college and high school that we had made plans with, I am just plan pissed that I am going to have to deal with a sick Bella for the next 2-3 weeks again.  Only 2 weeks after her last long ordeal, and in that 2 week break I was of course sick and was dealing with Oliver being sick (which is easier, but still dealing with sickness).  And let’s not forget about Bella herself, who was just beginning to get back to normal.  In fact this past Thursday was the first day I got a good report from school that she was finally in a better mood and starting to work again.

And just to finish up my original post.  I also made Ranch Oyster Crackers

So now Jesse and I have a bunch of food and beer to drink. We might just “tailgate” by ourselves here at home. Maybe it will take the sting out of staying home to take care of sick kids. If only we can get over being short with each other, since of course we both thought we were finally going to get a day away from the kids to have fun together and with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment