Thursday, September 6, 2012

Devil in the Sick Town

Bella has been sick……again.  She has been running a fever for 6 days now.  We took her in to the doctor and it doesn’t seem to be anything more than a persistent flu and maybe an ear infection.  So we have to give it another day and if the fevers don’t break permanently we will have to go back in for blood work.

So that is what I have been dealing with lately.  Trying to keep Bella content.  She just wants to sit and have someone give her drinks constantly.  And then try to keep Oliver from hurting himself as he tears the house down.

I on the other hand am still dealing with my allergies which is keeping me down.  Yesterday morning I thought I would be nice and take everyone for a walk in the morning.  I was miserable and try not to be outside much, but I figured everyone was going stir crazy inside the house, so I would sacrifice myself so everyone could have fun.

I get this feeling that the world is against me.  I think you already realize what a task it is to get everyone loaded up to do anything, especially when it’s just one person doing the work.  But yesterday, well yesterday was exceptionally bad.

Bella was laying inside, still wearing her pajamas.  I figured she could wear them for the walk, they are comfortable and no one would know.  I got the stroller out of the garage and had the dogs and Oliver outside with the stroller.  I was busy loading up anything I thought we might need on the walk (waters, snack, 20 Kleenexes, etc.).  I came back in to grab Bella so we could go, and Bella had proceeded to pee through her completely dry diaper soaking all her clothes, the blanket below, and the carpet below.  So while the rest of the crew is waiting outside, I had to grab new clothes for Bella and try and clean up the area.

013

So with a newly clothed Bella we go outside to load up.  I get the dogs on their leashes and we are about ready to head down the driveway when I get a whiff of poop.  Yep, sure enough Oliver has just pooped his pants.  So I quickly take him inside and get him all changed.  At this point I am completely regretting the idea to take a walk.

We get back outside and take off.  We have maybe gone 1/2 mile and Colby keeps pulling to the side like she needs to go to the bathroom.  I let her out and she proceeds to potty.  This happen 3 times.  And I am getting very frustrated with her, because we can’t make any forward progress on our walk.  Finally the fourth time she actually goes poop.  And it’s an incredibly runny two bag process to pick it up and incredibly smelly for the remainder of the walk.

011

We couldn’t do our full walk as Colby is getting old and slows way down with her tongue hanging out less than halfway on our route.  So I turned our fun caravan around and headed back home.

Elle not getting the message that Colby has slowed down, keeps wanting to walk fast and is constantly pulling the stroller.  Really wish I had been able to teach these dogs to heel.

012

So we make it back home and I get Oliver his cup of water.  His big thing is to dump every liquid out so he can play with it.  So he proceeds to dump a very full cup of water on himself and gets soaked.

010

He therefore proceeds to stay in his diaper and only his diaper for the rest of the day.  Which of course he doesn’t care one bit.

And he wasn’t done with just dumping water on himself.  Later he proceeded to do damage with his glass of milk.  He figured out he could shake the milk out….which he did and it got everywhere.

001002003

I could definitely use a break.  I think Oliver wore Jesse out in less than an hour, as he was getting into everything last night.

Welcome to my day….all day long.

014

He is trouble.

015

And she is sick and whiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment