Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Yoga

I finally joined the world of Groupon.  I have purchased a few random things.  Dinning coupons, gift certificates for local boutiques, and most recently yoga studio memberships.

I try and get my workout done at home.  But lately that just hasn’t seemed to happen.  I have gone for some walks, but haven’t been up to doing anything strenuous.  No time & No energy.

So I saw a couple deals for yoga studios and thought I might try it out.  I recently started a months unlimited membership.  I joined with a friend, and we headed out to a beginners yoga class.  I actually enjoyed it a lot.  I think it might be a great way for me to get rid of my stress, and help my body become stronger.  Which will definitely come in handy when carrying Bella around.

Of course actually finding the time to sneak away for 2 hours so I can attend a class is not an easy task.  I have now managed to make it to 3 classes, and I have used up 2 weeks of my membership.  I still have guilt leaving everyone to go.

When I originally signed up I had wanted to attend what was called a “mixed flow” class.  I figured it would be a little more advanced than beginners yoga and hopefully get me to sweat a little bit.  I finally went last night, and was actually nervous 2 hours before I went.  I knew I was going to be completely out of my league when it came to strength and flexibility, and more importantly knowing the poses.

I was right.  I was out of my league.  Everyone around me was doing these:

handstandleg balancescorpion pose

And I.

my yoga

I was seriously sweating.  I got a good workout, even if I couldn’t get my body into half the poses they asked.  And I still really enjoyed it.

I can’t really fathom paying the full prices for these classes.  But I’m interested to see if going 2 or 3 times a week would actually be enough of a workout for me.  I also think it would be a great thing for Jesse.  But I might recommend he stick with the beginner’s class!

No comments:

Post a Comment