Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Overwhelmed

This past month we battled Bella’s “unknown” sickness.  We turned the corner and life was just barely getting back to normal.  Friday I had a girls night out, and Jesse had some guys over for poker.  I mention this because we both did a pick up and clean of the house since people were coming over.

It’s now Tuesday and our house is a mess, not a small mess, it’s in complete disarray.

On Friday, Jesse and Oliver started coming down with a cold.  By Saturday night I was miserable and fighting the same cold.  Sunday and Monday we were all still feeling crappy.  It’s now Tuesday and Jesse is back at work.  I am feeling much better.  Oliver is still a mess of runny snot and coughing, but being sick hasn’t kept him from doing anything.  He is still full of energy and goes, goes, goes.  Problem was, not Jesse or I could keep up with him.  This equates to a wrecked house.

Let’s start in the actual kitchen.  Not too bad.  I had gotten out the recipe book and softened butter to make muffins on Saturday.  Then I got sick…..it’s still sitting there waiting for me.

005006

Toys, shoes, pantry items.  You name it, it’s strewn everywhere.

007

Bella’s area isn’t too bad.  She’s the cleanest one of us all.

008

Oliver won’t let us wipe/clean his nose.  He prefers to wipe it on the couch.  I now have about 20 snot spots on the micro suede couch I am going to have to figure out how to clean.

009011012

Things that did get done, like laundry and running errands to buy supplies are only really half done, since nothing has been properly put away.

014

Even in Bella’s room it’s a mess from her brother.  And her father, who can never decide if something is clean or dirty so it gets piled up on her dresser until I do laundry and have to decide.

015

Jesse comes home from work and will look at this mess and get mad because I haven’t cleaned it up.  I just look at this mess and get overwhelmed at the monstrosity.  And the fact that once it gets cleaned up, all the mess is back in minutes once the terror named Oliver is up.

I keep telling myself I need to take a day and just clean….all day long.  Then maybe I would be caught up and things wouldn’t seem so daunting.  Except in order for that to happen, I would need the kids to be out of the house.  Which means they would be at the sitters and I should actually be working at my job, so that I can get paid in order to pay the sitter, not to mention I have deadlines.

Then I say.  Maybe when the kids go to bed I can clean a bunch of things that don’t require loud noises.  Yeah right.  At that point of the day, it doesn’t matter what state the house is in, or even the bed.  It all gets pushed onto the bench, and in the bed I go in utter exhaustion.

018

1 comment:

  1. Can I tell you that I laughed out loud when I read the butter part? Here's how to clean microfiber: http://551eastdesign.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-clean-microfiber-couch.html. I'm going to try it on the chair in the boys room... It probably has spit-up on it from Hudson (4 years ago).

    ReplyDelete