Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bella's Room

In addition to working on the entryway and the exterior, I am also working on Bella's bedroom.  I bought the paint during Sherwin Williams paint sale, so now I need to get busy working on some details before I can start painting.  I need to prime and paint the trim, as hers in the only room with dark wood trim.  And then we also need to create a closet system, and install a ceiling fan or new light fixture.
We have also decided to upgrade Bella to a full size bed.  Her toddler bed has such a hard mattress that she has been using for the past 3 years.  And it seems so mean to keep her on it.  Since her crib changes into a full size bed frame, we are going to go for it.  I will be creating some kind of system to keep her safely inside the beds perimeter so she doesn't fall out.  But the new bed will also be a great place to change her, as it isn't quite safe to keep using the top of the dresser.  Not to mention the dresser is not so silently begging us to keep the 30 pound toddler off of it.
This is Bella's new color scheme, pink and coral.  The big question is whether to spend the $160 for the quilt or to take a big leap and try to sew one myself.  My sewing machine has the quilting guides, so I'm thinking I might go for it.  Of course finding the time is always the big setback.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should make the leap and try it yourself. Over a couple of weeks you can purchase material with 50% off coupons at Joanns! You made clothes! Quilting is much easier than that. It is all straight lines and ironing.

    ReplyDelete