Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Nervous Mom

Is it wrong that I was more nervous about the drop off and pick up procedure, than I was about leaving Bella at school for the first time on her own?  I think it might be a little backwards.
We got to school 10 minutes early this morning, and I ended up being the second vehicle in line.  This gave me time to get her cart out and get back in the car, before the teachers came to get the kids out.
You see they have very specific rules, and parents are not supposed to get out of their cars, teachers do not have time to talk to parents, etc, etc.  Except when a teacher/assistant made it to our car, she wasn't comfortable getting Bella out of the car and into her cart.  So we had to wait for Bella's actual teacher to make it out and get her, holding up the line in the process.
When I went back to get her, I was 5 minutes early, this time I was probably the 15th car in line.  I also noticed that I was definitely the rookie in line.  We had been given color coded signs with our children's names on them, and they are supposed to be placed in your front window, so they can get the correct kid to the correct car.  Well, 90% of the moms had taken the time to string ribbon on their signs and had them hanging on their rear view mirror.  I, on the other hand, had to hold it up (it laid too flat on the dash to be seen).  Looks like I will be doing a little ribbon adding of my own this weekend.
Picking Bella up went pretty smoothly, and three of her teachers came out to say how much they loved having Bella in the classroom.  I was able to quickly pop out and load her cart, as they loaded her into the car seat.  And we didn't even hold anyone up in the process.
So it looks like for the next month before Bella starts riding the bus, we will have success with the drop off and pick up.  Although I'm going to have to make sure I'm wearing decent clothing, as I do have to exit the car and be seen by all.
And Bella seemed to enjoy class and talked to me the whole way home...the whole 5 minutes that is.  We miss everyone down at Children's TLC, but we definitely don't miss the 45 minute drive.

1 comment:

  1. The first day of school is scary and great at the same time. I was excited for malie but sad too, especially when she looked at me with tears in her eyes before we left. Drop off and Pick up time is never fun :(

    ReplyDelete