Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day at a New School

Do you have a picture taken in front of your vehicle for the first day of school?  I still remember my first day of kindergarten photograph.  I was wearing a dress, my hair was bright white from being in the sun all summer, and I was standing in front of my parents big huge brown and green station wagon.

I attempted to recreate this with Bella, we have the dress, we have the light blonde hair, we are sitting in front of the vehicle.  Problem being, it has to be an outside picture, and Bella wasn't about to pick her head up for a photograph.
We made it to class and had an orientation for the parents.  Mainly a 20 minute speech about how to drop off and pick up your child.  It sounds a little bit like a nightmare, but I guess we will get to experience it all tomorrow.  Then we meet with the physical therapist who wanted to try out all their equipment and see which pieces would work best for Bella to be integrated into the classroom.  Lastly we wanted to feed Bella in front of all her teachers and therapists so they could see how she ate.  We probably had an audience of about 10 people while she was eating.  She did a great job, and all the teachers are very excited to have her in the class.  Here is hoping we have a great school year!
This was Bella after doing hard work on all the new equipment.  Needless to say we haven't gotten a good picture of her yet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment